HISPANIC ECONOMIC PROFILE
- We Hispanics represent 12.5% of the US population, with significant purchasing power.
- The total Hispanic food business in the US is valued at $18.3 Billion in 2002.
- We are food-focussed people for whom meals are still a sit-down family affair.
- We cook dinner at home 5-6 times a week.
- We are loyal to our favorite quality brand and to the store which sells it.
- We choose QUALITY ABOVE PRICE.
- We celebrate family fiestas, holidays with traditional Hispanic foods prepared in our own kitchen.
- We come from Cuba, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Central America and South America.
- 12% of us live in New York, 22% in Los Angeles. We also have a major presence in Miami, San Francisco, San Jose, Chicago, Houston, Massachusetts and many other areas.